- I'm primarily a pianist. Over the past ten years I've mainly
been playing chamber music. It's more fun because it's
- more sociable,
- less work,
- less pressure because you're sharing the responsibility for the performance
with someone else.
- Currently playing Martinu's Promenades, and parts of Bach's
Musical Offering with Lisa Rockholt (flute) and
Adam Scow (violin) as part of the chamber
music class in the music department.
- Last Fall I worked on Schumann's Dichterliebe with Kevin
- Spent last summer working on parts of Rachmaninov's Suite No. 1
for Two Pianos, Op. 5, with Ruby Cheung.
- Played Beethoven's Piano Trio in C minor, Op 1 No. 3, as
part of the chamber
music class in the music department in Spring 2003.
- Took the piano
ensemble class in Spring 2002 where I played Schubert's Fantasy
in F minor, D.940 with Ruby Cheung.
- Sang in the UC Berkeley
University Chorus in 1999-2000.
- Played in the Bourbaki
Trio in 1994. Our recording of Mendelssohn's
Piano Trio No. 1 in D minor (1st mvt) in mp3 format (7MB) (poor sound
quality, transferred from a video tape). We also played Beethoven's
Piano Trio in B flat major, Op 97 (the 'Archduke').
- Conducted and ran the Melbourne University Science Orchestra
in 1994 and 1995. Our recording of Rossini's Overture
to the Barber of Seville in mp3 format (6MB) (poor sound quality, transferred
from a video tape).
March 14, 2004